The best of the best in LEED Certified Buildings in South Florida were honored November 1st, at the USGBC’s (United States Green Building Council) South Florida Gala Verde Awards Celebration at Hyatt Pier 66 in Fort Lauderdale. With 17 awards distributed and over 75 applicants in total, the judges for this fierce competition had the finest projects to select from. Some of the project categories included Public, Private, Single-Family, Municipal, Educational, Healthcare and Corporate to name a few.
As Title Sponsor of the event, The Spinnaker Group walked away with 3 project awards; Gibson Park (LEED for New Construction, Public, 2nd year in a row!), Aventura Optima (LEED for Core and Shell) and the Miami Design District (LEED for Neighborhood Development).
The evening also included Keynote speaker, Marge Anderson, Executive Vice President of the Energy Center of Wisconsin and Chair-elect of the US Green Building Council.
• Most Outstanding LEED NC (New Construction) – Public Project — Gibson Park **A Spinnaker Group Project**
• Most Outstanding LEED NC – Private Project – Lorenzo-Bomnin Chevrolet
• Most Outstanding LEED NC – High-Rise Residential Project — Rex Art Apartments
• Most Outstanding LEED NC – Healthcare Project — Spodak Dental Group
• Most Outstanding LEED NC – Education Project — Miami-Dade College Academic Support Center
• Most Outstanding LEED for Commercial Interiors Project — Northern Trust Bank
• Most Outstanding LEED Core and Shell Project — Aventura Optima Plaza **A Spinnaker Group Project**
• Most Outstanding LEED Existing Buildings: Operations & Maintenance Project — 300 Las Olas Place
• Most Outstanding LEED for Schools Project — Temple Beth El – Beck Family Campus
• Most Outstanding LEED for Neighborhood Development Project — Miami Design District **A Spinnaker Group Project**
• Most Outstanding LEED for Homes / Single Family Project — Domus Alba
• Most Outstanding LEED for Homes / Low-Rise Multi-Family Project — NW Gardens II & IV
• Most Outstanding LEED for Homes / Mid-Rise Multi-Family Project — Westgate Plaza
• Most Outstanding Community LEEDer — Missy Trumpler
• Most Outstanding Green Business — Transwestern
• Most Outstanding Green Government — City of Miami
• Most Outstanding Green Elected Official — Cindy Lerner, Village of Pinecrest Mayor