The Spinnaker Group Inc.
Sustainability + LEED Consulting, Energy Modeling, Building Commissioning
By: Jessica Lieberman, LEED AP ID+C, Director of Marketing
LEED Project Management can be a daunting task. Mastering these and most any skill set takes time and dedication but by following The Spinnaker Group’s below outline, you’ll be on your way to mastering your next LEED project in no time.
– Start Early: As with most things in life, the earlier you can start the planning process the better.
– Host a Design Charette: This will give you a road map of achieving all the project goals. The charette should include the owner, design team and all other stake-holders.
– Ask Questions: Use tools like LEED User to ask any and all questions related to specific credits.
– Double and triple check: Checking your work and the work of others is critical in getting all of the project’s LEED credits approved. The Spinnaker Group has implemented what we call a “Peer Review” where team members and managers check one another’s work.
– Stay in touch with USGBC (hyperlinked to their page) for all of the latest news about LEED and sustainability. Visit their site weekly.
– Hire the professionals: Overwhelmed with all there is to know about LEED projects? Why not hire a professional team that can take care of all of your sustainability consulting needs? From Energy Modeling, Sustainable Consulting or Building Commissioning, professional consultants, like TSG can fulfill all of your needs.
Now that you have the inside track on how to become a successful LEED project manager, we can’t wait to see your next LEED project awarded its official LEED Certified Plaque and join the thousands of sustainable building across the globe.