We are proud to announce that the Hilton Garden Inn at Miami Dolphin Mall (Hilton Dual Brand) has successfully achieved LEED Certification. This 11 story, 189,332 square foot hotel is located next to the Dolphin Mall in Miami, Florida and has a restaurant/lounge, gym, conference center, ballroom, pool, and business center. “This sustainably built hotel strived to meet LEED certification guidelines whenever possible. I am happy that the whole team came together to achieve certification”, said Brittany Storm, Senior LEED Project Manager for Spinnaker.
Sustainable credits/features include:
- Located in a neighborhood with Community Connectivity and Public Transportation Access, walking distance to at least 10 basic services and two bus lines.
- The site was successfully remediated as a Brownfield Redevelopment Site
- At least 5% of parking spaces reserved for Low-Emitting and Fuel-Efficient Vehicles and another 5% reserved for Car/Vanpool Vehicles.
- Reduction of Heat Island Effect on the Roof through using high Solar Reflectance Index materials on 100% of the roof.
- Designs led to Reduced Potable Water Consumption for Irrigation by 87.7%
- Designs led to Reduced Potable Water Consumption for the entire Building by 28.5%
Energy and Atmosphere
- Designs led to an Energy Performance Cost Savings of 17.93% and the whole-building energy and water data will be shared through ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager.
- Fundamental Building Commissioning was done to ensure that the Owner’s Project Requirements and Basis of Design were met.
- The building has procured a contract for 70% of its electricity needs for the next two years to come from Green Power/Renewable Energy sources.
Materials and Resources
- The project Diverted 91.56% of its Construction Waste from going to landfills.
- Recycled Materials were used in 20.28% of the building materials content, by value.
- 02% of building materials value came from Regional Materials, which were harvested and manufactured within 500 miles of the project.
Indoor Environmental Quality
- During Construction, Indoor Air Quality Management Plans were created and implemented to ensure the reduction of air quality problems and to promote comfort and well-being of construction workers.
- Low-Emitting Materials were used to limit Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) in paints, sealants, adhesives and flooring
- 100% of the building occupants and multi-occupant spaces enable adjustments and Controllability ofSystems Lighting, while 96% of building occupants and 100% of shared multi-occupant spaces are enabled to Controllability of Systems Thermal Comfort.
- Thermal Comfort for building occupants was Designed and will be Verified through surveys and corrected, when needed.
Additional Innovations in Design
- A Green Cleaning Policy was designed and incorporated to reduce harmful chemicals typically used in cleaning products.
- An Integrated Green Pest Management program was designed and incorporated to reduce harmful chemicals typically used for pest management.
We at The Spinnaker Group are happy to have been a part of this great hotel project with Hilton Garden Inn and the whole team. We look forward to working with all the team members again and to continue to help design and build sustainable hospitality facilities.
Location: Miami, Florida
Owner: Procacci Dolphin
The Spinnaker Group Services Rendered: LEED Consulting, Building Commissioning, Energy Modeling
Contractor: Tutor Perini
MEP: Thompson & Youngross Engineering
Civil Engineer: Camero & Associates
Certification Level: LEED BD+C New Construction – Certified
Photographs from: Hilton Garden Inn