On Saturday evening, August 28 the staff, their LEED projects and the company were recognized by the US Green Building Council South Florida at their Annual LEEDership and Green Building Awards. Five of the projects that the staff of The Spinnaker Group were involved in won first place in their categories and The Spinnaker Group itself was recognized as the Most Outstanding Green Business in the region. In addition, Rob Hink was awarded the the 2011 Outstanding Community LEEDer.
The following projects were awarded first place
1. 1450 Brickell – 2011 LEED for Core and Shell (tie) The Spinnaker Group provided LEED Consulting and Commissioning services
2. Wells Fargo Center -2011 LEED for Core and Shell (tie) The Spinnaker Group provided LEED Consulting and Commissioning services3.
3. St Stephens Episcopal Day School – 2011 LEED for Schools – The Spinnaker Group provided Commissioning Services
4. DHL Global Fowarding at MICC – 2011 Commercial Interiors – The Spinnaker Group provided LEED Consulting Services.
5. Madison View Affordable Housing – 2011 LEED Multifamily Runner up. The Spinnaker Group provided LEED Consulting and Commissioning Services.